Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Weight Creep

So my weight has slowly been creeping back up, hitting 169 just a few days ago. It started off slowly at first, reaching around 165 after a brief dip down to the 161-162 range. I have been eating out a LOT, and missing several classes, so it's not really a surprise, but it does kind of suck to have gotten so far down only to let it get back almost to my max weight of 170. I was 167.4 this morning, as I have been trying to eat a bit better (finally went grocery shopping) and get to more classes this week (already at 3 this week and 1 workout down). Hopefully I'll be back below 165 by next week...

It is really amazing how much difference those extra pounds make when working out or doing forms. Even an extra 5 pounds can make it seem like you are wearing a weight vest or just make you feel all around sluggish and lethargic. It's almost hard to believe that I once maxed out around 203 or that just 6 months ago my mean weight was around 175-180. I hope to never go back to that, but it is a constant struggle to not let myself eat whenever and whatever I want. Especially because I absolutely LOVE food. Luckily, I have been taught how to shop smarter and been given some great advice on how nutrition actually works, both of which have played huge roles in my new routine. I will definitely have to do some more research into nutrition, though, as I know my knowledge in that area is still sorely lacking...

Anyway, just wanted to write a quick update, as I've been pretty lax with the whole blogging thing the past few weeks. I've noticed the number of readers has gone down quite a bit lately, and I blame myself for not really giving many updates, so I'll try harder to keep everyone current on my progress.

No comments: