Sunday, April 20, 2008

Week of Failure #2

This week was a bust. I missed nearly every goal though I had plenty of time and no good reason not to do everything on my list. I made only 4 classes this week, worked out only once outside of class, practiced only once and didn't even get a blog in at all (this one is late by about 2 hours). Pretty much a week of failure.

Not to say that I did nothing at all. I did get to hang out with friends, made a small trip to SA, got a lot of work done, and finished up my book of the month. It has been a while since I've missed my weekly goals, so I'm not really looking forward to a week with no video games. This past week I didn't play at all, and had no real desire to even fire up WoW or my 360. I am, however, human, and easily fall prey to the human weakness of wanting what I can't have. Thus, I can expect unusually strong cravings for WoW and Guitar Hero this coming week...

On a side note, I have been using FitDay every day since my last post and have grown to like it quite a bit. It does an excellent job of helping me to more accurately track my caloric intake, as well as a plethora of other nutritional tidbits I would never be able to keep tabs on with my written journal. I also use it to track my weight and daily activities, though I still have to start making notes of specific exercises, weights, and reps for my workout days. If you're interested in seeing what I'm eating and doing, you can view my public FitDay log at this link.

Also, I've decided to do away with actual book reviews. I've been dreading writing up this last review, mainly because I see it as such a chore. I enjoyed the book, but writing up a witty commentary on exactly why I liked it just makes me want to avoid blogging. I will probably mention some things in passing (yea or nay, quotes, etc.) but no official reviews anymore. Just too much hassle.

And with that, I'm off to bed. Hopefully I'll get back on track this week...

No comments: