Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lazy Days

I have been way too lazy this past week. Like, borderline comatose lazy. Although I made it to conditioning class on Sunday, I skipped all of Monday, Tuesday noon class and all of last night. Thursday is my "day off" but I feel like I should be doing something just to shake off the feeling of apathy. I need to make it to 2 classes tomorrow AND Saturday morning black belt class just to barely scrape by with 5 classes for the week. Not to mention, I have to practice guitar/piano every day for the rest of the week, work out again tomorrow, and keep my steadily increasing weight under 170. I'm not really so much worried about hitting 170 as I am disappointed that I let myself slip so much after hitting 161 just the other week (168 as of this morning). Sigh.

I have also been putting off writing up a book review of last month's book, making some more changes to the list, and starting this months' research topic (I'm thinking stretching techniques). Apparently, I am just a list of complaints and self pity today. Sigh.

On the plus side, I am slowly but surely getting used to eating multiple smaller meals a day. I average 4 meals a day, sometimes 5 or 6 if I really try, and all around 200-600 calories. I still have a ways to go before getting completely accustomed to eating like this, and an even longer way to go before I can accurately calculate the calories I'm taking in without having to constantly read nutrition labels. I'm actually thinking of signing up for an online site called fitday.com that is supposed to be an excellent way to track meals and workouts. It may even replace my workout log if I like it, but I want to give it a decent test run before fully committing to it on the list. Anyway, I'd best get back to work, seeing as how I actually made it in to the office today (only the second time this week). Those excel sheets won't update themselves. Sigh...

No comments: