Monday, March 24, 2008

From Blah To Eh...

Last week sucked. This week is looking a little better, but still rather eh... I took some friendly advice and took last week off from my regimen of tasks and tortures. It was nice to have a few days where I didn't have to journal my food and workouts and didn't have to practice or workout x times during the week. I think the concept of this blog is still sound, I just have to work out some of the kinks, like burnout and times when I really just need a day off. It's still a work in progress, but I'm open to suggestions and I already have a few good ones I will probably implement soon, so expect another blog this week with some minor tweaks to the list and rules.

Overall, though, the week off did help a lot. I am feeling much more motivated to continue training and working on some of the other list items that I seem to procrastinate on until the last moment. I have been spending all my time on guitar, so I think I will start mixing it up with some piano as well. I am just about finished with my new workout routines, so I'll post those up when I think they are ready for public criticism. And the weather has been on and off perfect the last week or so, so I think I will try to get out more this week and weekend, and maybe take some pics or just hang out with friends. After all, this list is supposed to be helping me improve my life, not make it a daily/weekly/monthly chore.

As always, comments, suggestions and criticisms are welcome. I think over the next month or two, I will finally have a list and routine that doesn't kill me, but makes me stronger. That's the goal anyway...

No comments: