Monday, March 31, 2008

Change is Good

After a few months of following the guidelines set forth on my list, I have a few minor tweaks that will hopefully allow me to keep up with the list better without getting overly frustrated or constantly making me feel burned out. So, without further ado, here are some of the changes...

OLD: Drink more water and green tea (at most one diet coke).
NEW: Drink more water and green tea.
I'm trying to actually count the number of calories I take in now and since diet cokes have 0 calories, I'm not as concerned with drinking only one coke a day as I am with drinking enough fluids to keep my appetite down without adding excess calories.

OLD: Eat at least one healthy meal.
NEW: Eat at least 4 times a day and hit current calorie count.
Along with the calorie counting, I'm trying (yet again) to increase the number of meals I eat in a day and reduce the caloric intake per meal. So eating one healthy meal a day becomes less important than eating at least 4 times a day (preferably 6) and making sure I hit my calorie count for the day. The number of calories will change periodically as I workout more/less and my weight and body fat changes. For now, around 2000 calories a day is what I'm aiming for to trim down, then I can up that when I try to gain more muscle mass.

OLD: Lift weights at least twice.
NEW: Work out at least twice outside of kung fu class.
With my new routines, I have the option of not actually lifting weights but still getting in a great workout, so this will change to working out at least twice a week outside of kung fu class.

OLD: Attend church at least bi-weekly (once I find one).
NEW: Removed
Taking this one off the list until I actually find a church. It just irks me to have something on my list that I am not currently doing.

OLD: Do at least 2 items from the Eventually list.
NEW: Do at least 3 items from the Eventually list.
No explanation needed...

NEW: Add three Eventually items to my list each year.
Gotta keep things fresh and you can never really run out of things you need/want to do.

NEW: Additions to the Eventually list.
1) Get first patent
2) Do something with garage (training room, gym, tool area)
3) Take motorcycle safety course

NEW: One day off a week.
Give myself one day a week where I can cheat on anything or everything. Everyone needs a day off, so this gives me a chance to spend one day a week eating horribly, getting only 3 hours of sleep, and not doing anything physically or mentally stimulating. Yeah, I know it sounds bad, but I'd rather this than quit entirely in 3 months due to burnout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should drop the monthly "Talk to family" goal - you're not very good at that one.